Monday, March 9, 2009

The Poll

What if I stop this nonsense and start my radio own program?

I have been thinking about this idea for a very long time, particularly when I am on my way to work listening to my music and thinking about how many crappy radio programs are out there with indefinite airtime and fat commercial sponsors and yet, they all play the junk main stream music over and over again and when they talk, they are so full of it that make any sane (or insane for that matter) human being sick as a dog, so empty, so meaningless, pure trash! and I am thinking, hey, I consider myself pretty knowledgeable in the music, I mean, how many kids out there start "listening" to music at age 8? and how many of them start doing that by listening to "Lick it up"? Here, I feel indebted to pay a massive respect to my brother who has been my true Imam when it comes to music and who set the path to my salvation in his prophetical way. If I start my radio program and just play the music that I like best and respect most, I'm sure there are people out there who appreciate that, I should not be the only one whose just sick and tired of all these parasite like DJs everywhere filling our valuable airtime and I am not that novice neither, I have been DJ at several occasions (not to mention some to be "looking so precious!") and at the end, I have not heard a single complaint, everyone was happy with the outcome and enjoyed my taste!

So here the idea: Just my favorite music, no bullshit, that's it.

In order to test that, I put up this poll for whoever reads this blog, I know there aren't that many but anyway, just to see how it goes. I am going to encourage all the people who know me and know my taste to vote, it might as well be that nobody gives a tiny "f" which is OK because that would save my a lot of trouble, maybe I even start something like podcast or something should the demand turns out to be high...on vera!

5 comments:

not-nietsche said...

i guess, especially nowadays, lotof 8 years old kids listen to music, but it's mostly the main stream commercial craps.
i personally vote for it. i think you should do that. with a bit of educating at the side, on history of the music.

Amir H. Fassihi said...

I'd listen to it except for the Linkin Park songs :).... or I might listen to that too just for nostalgia purposes ... it happens when you see the light anyway ...

Xerxes said...

I vote for it bro, even if I don't have the fucking "SOUND CARD" or "SOUND DEVICE" in my old, depressed PC. Just as a tribute/respect to those who understand music like you dear brother.
Rock on,in the memory of good old days,...
I have no doubt: you KNOW something worthy,...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hej jomo, nice idea but I couldn't see the poll. I guess you have removed it.

Any way, have you heard of Spotify? If you have an account, maybe you can create a playlist and publish it. People with Spotify can follow your playlist. It's not like a radio but it is a start.