Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ASNF

Carl Brashear was poor, underprivileged black farmer boy in South and had no future prospect. When he reached the required age, his father made him to join the army so that he can build a better, secure and successful life as he himself didn't obviously make it by sharecropping in the highly segregated and racially biased society of that time. He urged him to leave and never come back to the place that he was born and raised, making sure that his son's past to be forgotten for good. However, as one last token of memory, he gave him a hand made radio that he made using very primitive and basic parts. He carved on the bottom of the radio"ASNF" meaning: "A son never forgets."*

I was forced to make a choice a few days ago; something that some close ones were asking me to do and my heart was against it. In the end, I followed my heart and I think it felt...well, not so bad and that was very sad.

A son will never forget, he will never forget the things that were done for him and damn right will he ever forget the things that were not done for him...never!

ASNF indeed!

* Storyline from the movie "Men of Honor".

No comments: