Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pee-pipe stuff

Scene from the episode "The Wife" of season 5 of TV series Seinfeld.

[Setting: Jerry's apartment]

George: They could kick me out of the health club if he tells them!
Elaine: So what do you want me to do?
George: Talk to him!
Elaine: How can I do that?
George: You said the guy gave you an open-lipped kiss!
Elaine (enunciating clearly so George gets the point): yes, but he wiped his hand on the top of the bottle when I offered him water!
George: Well, that doesn't mean anything!
Elaine: Are you kidding? That's very significant! If he was interested in me, he'd want my germs!
He's just crave my germs!
Jerry (patiently): She's right, George. Bottle-wipe is big.
George: Well, what about the open-lipped kiss?
Jerry: Bottle-wipe supercedes it.
George: Yeah, you're right. Alright, maybe he's not interested, but you still know him - can't you just ask him?
Elaine: George...but if I ask him now, I will have no chance of going out with him.
George: Why?
Elaine: I...I don't know...
George: Aha... aha! could it be because you don't want him to know that you have a friend who pees in the shower, is that it?!
Elaine: No, that's not it!
George: Oh, I think it is! I think that's exactly what it is!
Elaine: Why couldn't you just wait?
George: I was there! I saw a drain!
Elaine: Since when is a drain a toilet?
George: IT'S ALL PIPES! What's the difference?!
Elaine: Different pipes go to different places! You're gonna mix'em up!
George: I'll call a plumber right now!
Jerry: Alright, can we just drop all the pee-pipe stuff here?
Elaine (to George): Okay! Okay! I will talk to him.

No comments: