Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cold water

Memory: After a hard fought basketball game, I used to head to the shower room at the back of the locker room and seldom took a shower there. Instead, I opened the tap and let the water ran till it got cold (this was a pleasant waiting) and I drank endlessly from it "the way that camels close in on water!" I then washed my face, arms up to elbow, armpits and back of my neck, the drops of cold water ran down my body...an amazing uncomfortable feeling. Slowly I dried myself and without saying much words, I let myself sink very smoothly into a state of mental stand-by and never said much while others were usually making a lot of noise by talking trash or pure nonsense with the never-ending voice of gym caretaker in the background bugging us to leave the locker room ASAP since it was either too late and he wanted to catch his ride home or it was ladies' practice.

After heading out from the gym, we crammed in a few cars there were available and went some place to grab a bite and chill out; to sip slowly a large cold drink which tasted as sweet as victory.

2 comments:

Amir H. Fassihi said...

shirkakao anyone?
;)

adoosh said...

Yeah, that and many others...