Sunday, October 4, 2009

A tribute

I am not sure but I think I dreamed of my late uncle the other night which writing this note inevitable. I barely remember him, he passed away when I was 10 after a long fight with a disease that had left him paralyzed for years. It's just very faint memories of him that are left from him with me. Well that, and his paintings and some other artworks which Lord knows its whereabouts, that is the artworks that survived his fire attack, you know he burned all his paintings once on the roof of his house and filmed it, why? Long story...

All I know is that he was a caring father, a loyal friend and a loving brother in his own particular artistic way. This is well confirmed by his best and closest friend; My father!

His younger son i.e. my cousin is now carrying his torch with his graphic works as well as his music. I would have loved to have access to his works (preferably digital) and put them here every now and then for myself but his official website is under construction for the time being so I have to settle with my cousin's work for the time being, something which I regard equally fascinating. I will try to put at least one work per month here just to remind myself of something thoughtful and beautiful in the form of visual art.

More info available at: www.farzadonline.com



No comments: