Sunday, August 8, 2010

1300 Km for playing ball

It has been a while since I have been taunted by the question of why do I like baseball. I have been banging my head ever since trying to find a concrete answer with little success so far. I just know for sure that , at least for the time being, I enjoy very much doing it despite all the 'strange' sides of the game. Ideally, I would like to interview a bunch of people e.g. the guys at our team, and based on all the collected answers be able to answer this question.

This is not a direct answer to the question but it does shed some light into this: This Friday-Saturday, I traveled about 1300 kilometers just to play a double header which turned out to be 2 games of just 5 innings, leaving all my old and new attachments behind at home. I guess if I had traveled the same distance vertically I would have exited the atmosphere! We spent almost 16 hours in the car to play roughly 4-5 hours. If I step outside from myself and look at this, I can easily see that this does not fit with any logic whatsoever.

Yet, the question remains unanswered...

No comments: