Friday, December 10, 2010

Re: Into the wild

I finally finished reading this book on the way to and from work on the bus. Like the other book by Krakauer, it is well written, well researched, rich in meaningful and deep quotes and very enjoyable book. Despite what I was thinking, the film still stands well as a good adaptation as far as the story of the boy is concerned. The book however includes a very detailed insight to the matter as well as many parallel and similar stories. I particularly enjoyed the story of the solo climb of the writer to one of the peaks in Alaska. I suppose one could roughly claim that the touching music and beautiful scenery in the movie are analogous to the interesting and thought awakening quotes in the book, something which I have to return and study again and again.

My original post on the subject can be found here.

No comments: