Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back in MTL, QC, CA

Yeah, finally made to Montreal again for the third time in one piece but what a trip it was. It took almost 24 hours from bed to bed, and things are not particularly easy when you are travelling with a one year old child. The poor kid who normally sleeps 15 hours a day, could only sleep for 2 hours in 24 hours during the long journey, once we managed to put her into sleep on the floor of the plane during the 7 hour flight and only after one hour we had to lift her up due to a stupid and extremely short turbulance!

Anyway, I am very glad that it's all over. This is going to be the longest period that I will be staying outside Sweden and filling my time effectively, now that I am the kid, is going to be real challenge. A confession: After staying home with baby on the parental leave I have realized that it is NOT exactly a walk in the park rather it could (and it is) at times dull and boring. I used to be quite jealous of the people who were on parental leave before but I guess I wouldn't be anymore.

I have many ambitions in mind for this month, a important one being taking care of resolution 13 but I am very much afraid that I will not be able to do as much as I want to due to lack of consistency, energy and laziness in general, may the force be with me!

So far, apart from jetlag and all the small adjustments, I have been quite apathetic to the new enviroment, maybe it is the foot injury that has been nagging me in the past week or maybe it is the lack of having a personal attachment to here which results in that but hey, I came here just for a change of scenery and it is a change alright so let's keep it that way. In addition:

1. Food and the variety of edibles are really good
2. The "moka problem" has been resolved with a great solution

So if I just put myself in the groove for 'the resolution' and my foot gets better, I've got nothing to complain ;-)

No comments: