Monday, December 29, 2014

My 2014 lesson

Scene from the movie "The Fan" by Tony Scott (1996).

Gil and Bobby playing baseball on the beach.

Gil Renard: How did you get out of that slump, Bob?
Bobby Rayburn: Say what?
Gil Renard: Got any idea what got you out of that slump?
Bobby Rayburn: You know Curly, I just stopped caring, man.
Gil Renard: What?
Bobby Rayburn: I just stopped caring.
Gil Renard: You stopped caring? What do you mean?
Bobby Rayburn: All my life, I've been working to be the best. You know? Trying to be perfectionist. And I thought about it. That's probably where I made my mistake. And when Juan Primo died, man, that completely changed the perspective. I mean...I mean, come on man, let's be real here man. What are we doing? We're not curing cancer, you know? We're playing a game. That's all it is. It's just a game. So I stopped caring and relaxed...and I started hitting again.
Gil Renard: Stopped caring. So that's your f---ing insight into life?
Bobby Rayburn: Yeah.

No comments: