Sunday, December 21, 2008

Consistency is the key

I have nothing but feeling guilty...for not writing as often as I intended to do. Add to that, I cannot access my blog from my work (where I spend all my days getting bored!) due to proxy restrictions newly introduced by company. My cousin who has been writing for the past I-don't-know-how-many years told me that I have to dedicate a certain time to writing and try to stick to that schedule. He said Sunday evenings are a good start as you can reflect on the whole week and most probably have nothing better to do but getting depressed about the coming week. I think he had a good point and I'll "try" to keep that in mind!

My other stupid mistake is that I am always trying to find something interesting and inspiring to write about, and also to formulate it in a most clever and sarcastic way. I call this stupid because I am setting the standard, mark my word, unnecessarily high for this blog which has the least number of readers! Who am I kidding? No one is reading this except me and yet, I like keep it sharp, flashy, fresh, controversial and intelligent to impress....MYSELF!!!

From no on, I will cease to be that uptight and will just relax, play along, chill out and write the f--- that comes to my distorted mind and keep the consistency at all costs!

I guess that's one hell of a new year resolution to start with.

1 comment:

Amir H. Fassihi said...

Exactly!

You just got to let it go.. interestingly enough, you'll find out that there are lots of things to think of and details to understand once you just write about simple looking stuff.

I usually feel that I write the posts to myself only and it makes me see things from a different angle and generally provides good reflections.