Friday, December 26, 2008

Xmas in Italy

Here's the past days in recap:

Delays...Italians are not that punctual but if you find yourself in their families, you find them very sincere and hospitable but don't even think about learning that funny language, it's so difficult...they rip the tourists off, who doesn't?...illegal immigrants, how this mess can possibly be solved in this country?...the Christmas shopping mayhem in the last minutes...questi milanesi, do I have to say more?...dinner with family on Christmas Eve...wonderful spaghetti with muscles and good wine, mamma mia...exchanging presents...good espresso in the mornings, now I know how to treat my new mocha thanks the tips from Franco...I am getting addicted to cheese, amazing stuff...Mantova is small and very nice town, didn't know that it gets foggy in the winter which is no wonder when you think of the humidity that I experienced in the summer last time I was here...man it was 5 years ago...

More to come...hopefully!

No comments: