Thursday, August 27, 2009

Shameful illegitimates

I'm just coming off watching Tarantino's latest work, "Inglorious Basterds...and it was fun!
Totally recommend it, it is much well-baked than "Death Proof". A few points though:

1. Brad Pitt (Lt. Aldo Raine) did good but he had way more space for improvement, he could've done much much better, I'd give him a B- for that cuz I think he didn't pull off that southern accent very well...would have preferred a real southerner...Matthew McConaughy?

2. Christoph Waltz (Col. Hans Landa), the new phenomenon was absolutely brilliant. However, he did remind me of Tim Roth (the face chemistry) very much.

3. I like the idea that they spoke mostly in original language, and I didn't like them switching to English in the beginning of the film just for the sake of it. Unfortunately, this made me read the subtitles all the time and I kinda lost the scene and the actors...must see it again and ignore the subtitles completely!

4. The amount of sickness, violence and blood of the type Tarantino was much less than "Kill Bill"...a bit disappointing but quite tasteful most of the times!

5. Attractive story altogether, doesn't make you feel that the film is actually more than 2 hours!

3 comments:

Ashkan said...

I think the reason of switching to English at the beginning of movie was the SS officer smelled the existence of Jewish people hiding in the place so he wanted to make sure they won't understand the conversation.

I like the movie except the end part. I think the whole negotiation part was quite naive and childish. Expect a better ending from master Tarantino.

adoosh said...

I can not agree more!

snakedancer said...

I didn't understand why the other people in the cinema looked so disappointed as they left.... I loved the 'finger-in-leg'shot and the Basterds as Italians.. best movie I've seen this year